Its Wednesday and some of you may know it as hump day but, we, at Soyyo Magazine, call it Wellness Wednesday. Today we want to shine a light on living a healthy lifestyle while achieving greatness in your everyday endeavors; therefore, introducing today's topic of safe sex.
What is "safe sex"?
Planned Parenthood says "Safer sex is all about protecting yourself and your partners from sexually transmitted infections. Safer sex helps you stay healthy and can even make sex better."
After reading the above statement, I agreed and disagreed because of personal preference, of course, and I questioned how it "can even make sex better" and this is what I found:
"STDs are infections that are passed from one person to another during sexual activity. Anybody who has oral, anal, or vaginal sex or genital skin-to-skin contact with another person can get STDs." I think it is safe to say we don't want to go on about our daily lives with the fear of being infected or infecting others for that matter, which leads to:
"Communicate with your sexual partner about what you want and enjoy sexually." This is MAJOR, because it leads to a greater connection and therefore and STD-free vagina/penis.
Moving forward, If those two reasons above don't convince you, then I think we have a bigger issue on our hands but that's not for me to decide. Although, I can offer alternatives that have been researched by professionals; as well as tips for safer sex. Here's your list:
1. "One of the best ways is by using a barrier — like condoms, female condoms, and/or dental dams — every single time you have oral, anal, or vaginal sex. Barriers cover parts of your genitals, protecting you and your partner from body fluids and some skin-to-skin contact, which can both spread STDs."
2. Get tested! "Most people with STDs don’t have symptoms or know they’re infected, and they can easily pass the infection to their partners."
3. Sticking to sexual activities that don’t spread STDs — like outercourse or mutual masturbation (masturbating while with each other) — is a great way to safely get sexual pleasure and be intimate with another person.
4. Avoid excessive drinking. Drinking can inhibit your judgment. Being wasted can cause you to forget the part about safe sex.
5. Lastly, the least favorite of the bunch: NO Sex is the safest sex. Y'all can fuck each other's brains out with goals and ideas and use sexy diction.